We would like to introduce you to our sister site EmbracingBeauty.com! For more information check out our sister site here.

My Favorite Irish Recipes: Part One, Shepherd's Pie

Pin It Now! Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
  • 2 pounds red potatoes
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/3 cup milk
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Brown beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat. Season with rosemary and basil. Cook until beef is evenly brown; drain grease. Mix in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and mixed vegetables. Cook and stir until vegetables are heated thoroughly. Place in baking dish.
  3. Place diced potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 30 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and drain. Mix butter, Romano cheese, garlic, salt, oregano, and milk into the pot. Mash together with a potato masher. Cover the beef and vegetables with the mashed potatoes.
  4. Bake 30 minutes in preheated oven. Turn oven to broil, and continue cooking 3 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.
This is my favorite recipe for shepherd's pie and I can't believe I don't have a picture to show you. Well, I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think of it!

3 comments:

Erica | Uprinting said...

Wow this would be great! I live with my dad and brother and we all love beef. So for sure they will enjoy this recipe and it's something new. I hope I can cook this properly, thanks for sharing.

MrsAshley said...

Oh, I'm glad you're interested in it! Let me know how it works for you or email me if you have any questions about the recipe.

Best of Luck!

jayson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Archive

Sponsors

Advertise Here

Grab my Button

Beauty 4 Moms
Beauty4Moms PageRank