We would like to introduce you to our sister site EmbracingBeauty.com! For more information check out our sister site here.

Coupon Lingo

Pin It Now!
Probably one of the most frequent emails, instant messages and Twitter message I receive is in regards to all the abbreviations that I use. This list contains all the abbreviations I use regularly for both printable and online coupons. There are a few listed that I choose not to use but other frugal friends do. I've been compiling this list for months. I hope you find it useful.

AR: After rebate, the cost of an item after you receive your rebate.

Blinky: Grocery or drugstore coupon dispensers with blinking lights.

BOGO: Buy One Get One

B1G1F: Buy 1 Get 1 Free

BTFE: Box Tops For Education

Cat/Catalina: Catalina coupon, a machine near the cash register that prints coupons when your receipt prints.

CRT: Cash Register Tape - Coupons that print with the receipt

DH: Darling Husband Not exactly a couponing term but one I've been asked a lot about. : )

DND: Do Not Double, Sometimes found on manufacturer coupons.

ECB: Extra Care Bucks from the CVS' loyalty rewards program.

ESRs: EasySaver Rebates, Walgreens monthly rebates program

FAR: Free After Rebate.

IVC : Instant Value Coupon - Walgreens’ store coupons found in ads

MFR: Manufacturer

MIR: Mail-in rebate

MIR: Mail-In Rebate

NAZ: Name Address and Zip Code

NED: No Expiration Date - I like those!

OOP: Out Of Pocket. Meaning the actual cash you pay after any discounts & coupons have been redeemed.

OOS: Out Of Stock

OYNO: On your next order

P&G: Proctor & Gamble Company or sometimes referring to P&G's Sunday insert

Peelie: Coupons on the product packaging that you peel off.

POP: Proof of Purchase

PP: Purchase Price

PSA: Prices starting at

RC: Rain Check

RP: Red Plum – Sunday Newspaper Insert (fabulous coupons!)

RR: Register Reward – Walgreen’s name for their Catalina’s.

SMP: Specially Marked Package

SCR: Single Check Rebate, Rite Aid monthly rebates program

SS: Smart Source – Sunday Newspaper Insert (more fabulous coupons!)

TMF: Try Me Free, some products have a mail-in rebate that refunds the total money you spent to purchase the item, so you can “Try It Out” for free. (I won't use this abbreviation)

UPC: Universal Product Code, bar code on a product

V: Valassis – Sunday Newspaper Insert

WYB: When You Buy

YMMV : You mileage (or manager) may vary, some stores may allow you to score a deal, some may not.

If you can think of another I should add just email me to let me know and I'll update the list. I'm sure there are some I've forgotten!

1 comments:

jayson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Archive

Sponsors

Advertise Here

Grab my Button

Beauty 4 Moms
Beauty4Moms PageRank